Monday, May 16

okay, okay

So Levi has been on my case to update our blog, for like, four months. I guess I can do it. I just don't have any pictures, which is why I don't like updating. But, here's an update.

Since my last post in January, I found a new job! Actually it found me. I had posted something about job hunting in my status on facebook, and lo and behold, someone (actually the RS president in my ward) asked what kind of work I was looking for. I said, basically anything entry level and close to home, and something about my experience cashiering. She then called me and told me she needed help in her office, and with my experience, I was qualified. So, I gave my two weeks notice to my nanny job, and started working in the office in the mornings. Working 8-6 is not fun, don't do it! Haha.

However, one week after I told my nanny boss I was quitting, on Monday, my father-in-law passed away unexpectedly. So, I left work early that Monday, and we headed up to Taylor to be with our family. We stayed there for the week, we helped make the arrangements, and left after the funeral a week later. We buried him here in Mesa on Tueday, since that's "home" for him, and went back to work on Wednesday. It was a lot easier to just try and get back into some type of a normal routine. It's been pretty rough, but we're doing okay.

Oh, and my new job is in the office of an auto paint store, which doubles as the office for a printing company, too. The print company has just started making signs along with printing stuff. They found out I have experience sanding auto paint from working with my dad, so they asked if I could work in the sign shop, too! So, with both jobs, I get 40 hours a week. That's been a huge blessing.

Levi earned straight A's in the last two semesters, and is on the president's list. He also will graduate from MCC at the end of summer with a 3.8 GPA! I'm so proud of him. He's done an amazing job at juggling a part time job and school, and still being an awesome husband. I don't know how I got such an awesome husband.

That leads me to a little more news. Our 1st anniversary is in two weeks! We've been married for almost an entire year, and we're still alive! It's been a pretty fabulous year, if you ask me. I love him so much, and it grows exponentially every day. I'm so in love!


Oh, and an update on the cat: She's now technically an adult cat, but she still thinks she's either a kitten or a dog. Either way, she does drive us a little nuts still. She now enjoys getting on top of the counters, the fridge, the cabinets. She also likes to get on top of our entertainment center, which would be fine and good except she has to climb up our tv stand, and we worry she might knock the tv over. She also enjoys bringing us her favorite toy and crying until we play with her. She's kinda needy. She also thinks we need to get up with the sun. Grrr.... BUT I love her, and am really glad we adopted her. She continues to be fun and, well, a handful. A handful is better than a lump of fur, any day of the week. Lily is lots of fun. Levi doesn't like her. Haha.

I think that is all for now... see y'all in a few months! (Or the next time I post... yeah. Hopefully sooner than a few months.)

5 comments:

Megan said...

Kirsten! You updated yay! I'm very sorry to hear about your father-in-law. Our prayers will be with your family.
Love ya! Megan Norton

Kirsten Knight said...

Thanks Megan. We are thankful for the prayers. You have no idea how much they help!

Kari Whiting said...

s glad too see a new post!!! ketchup makes me sick so this one is much easier to see. I love that you guys love eachother and hope you always feel so i love, just like me and corey hehehe. we need to hang out again sometime!!!

Meghan and Randy said...

I'm glad you were able to find a job that gave you the hours you have! That's great and brings you two more money too! Congratulations to Levi on his schooling! I think it's funny that you are writing about Lily as if she's your baby girl. She is your baby girl but like a real baby. :)

Leticia said...

Congrats on the new jobs! You always sounded so stressed at the nanny job. I'm glad you found something you're familiar with and so far you like. I'm so sorry to hear about your father-in-law. That makes me sad for you both.

I have a new blog, if you want to read.
myeverydayfairytale.blogspot.com