Sunday, January 30

Ketchup!

Or rather, catch up. I haven't blogged in over two months, but I don't think anyone really reads it anyway, so... I'll just update my blog page on what's gone down since November 21st. :)

We went to Taylor for Thanksgiving with our Knight family. We had planned on heading up to Eagar the Friday after, but everyone was sick in Eagar, so we stayed in Taylor all weekend! We had so much fun! We really enjoy being close to family, and seeing everyone! Dinner was VERY yummy. My favorite was the oyster stuffing. MMmmMMMmmmm....

After that trip, our dear old car started giving us a lot of problems. We got the breaks fixed while we were in Taylor, and then a couple weeks later we noticed a rattling noise coming from what we thought was the engine. We had a guy look at it here in Mesa, he said it was a little $200, 1.5 hour fix. So, my FIL (father-in-law) came down with his tools to fix it and save money. He brought my MIL and two youngest SILs with them to see our brand new little cousin! After working all day on our car, my FIL realized he needed more tools that were only in his shop in Show Low. Great. So he and Levi drove all the way to Taylor that same night to get a truck to tow our car, and Levi brought their car back up! He got home around 12:30am. Well, long story short, they towed our car up to Show Low only to find out it had more problems than just tiny one. We borrowed their car until Christmas, when my FIL signed a loan for us to have a brand new car! It's a dark grey, base model, 2011 Ford Fiesta, and only had 10 miles on it when we took it from the dealership. We'll be paying for it, but it's in my FIL's name for now. WE LOVE OUR LITTLE CAR!!! (Pictures to come... after I take them... :) hehe) I've enjoyed driving a stick-shift again!

For Christmas, we spent Thursday and Friday morning in Taylor, and then we went to Eagar to spend the rest of the weekend with my family. Only two of my brothers came up, but we had a blast! It was fun seeing little Cashen, and I enjoyed watching Levi play basketball with my brothers. :)

New Year's was spent at Levi's uncle's house, where we just spent time with friends and family. Since then, Levi started school again, and is enjoying his light course load. He's just got two lab science classes. :) We also got called as our Ward Mission Leader and Secretary, which we are still trying to figure out what all the entails. It seems to be quite a large job!
We're both still working, no changes there. I'm still looking for a different job, but I haven't had any luck with anything new-job related. We're hoping I can find a full-time job with benefits so we can have insurance!

Lily (our cat) is getting bigger all the time, and is quite fat at this point. We've started her on a lower calorie diet, just so she can be healthy. She is still very much a kitten in that she plays all the time. She has gotten a lot better about letting us sleep past 5am, also! These are all very good things. :)

I'm hoping to have pictures the next time I get on here, but until then, Have fun!

No comments: